Car Sourcing Specialist / Car Buyer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To successfully source and supply vehicles to customers with specific requirements, suiting their budget and essential criteria.
- Working closely with other Sourcing Specialists to ensure sales aren’t lost and to maximise customer retention when a certain stock vehicle doesn’t meet the customer’s needs; or is no longer available after their enquiry.
- Liaising with the customer throughout their buying journey.
- Maximising profit by selling Value Added Products and Finance
- To achieve agreed stock purchasing levels from designated sources (10 per month)
- To develop approved supply links to ensure supply chain meets site requirements in terms of both volume and product mix.
- Ensure that all financial controls in respect of the purchase of used vehicles are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all vehicles purchased meet the company stock profile requirements
- Process all relevant documentation in respect of vehicles purchased to ensure vehicles are prepared and placed into company stock with the minimum delay.
- To continually monitor used vehicle values and trends to ensure stock held and future purchases are purchased competitively.
- Provide advice and support to sales management in respect of used car values to assist the part exchange process to ensure that accurate valuations are placed on vehicles.
- Provide recommendations to management in respect of vehicle trends and stock mix based on trade and supplier contacts.
- Identifying good quality used vehicles that will sell and are profitable
- Negotiating prices with dealers for best deals and best margins
- Building up a network of trusted dealers to trade with
- Visiting dealer / seller showrooms to inspect cars prior to sale
- Experience of luxury cars. Experience of valuing/buying vehicles.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 6pm, Saturdays on a rota.
Salary: £25,000 Basic plus commission (OTE £45,000) depending on experience.
Please send your CV to email@example.com